Multisite WordPress with A2

After looking at several options I settled with A2 hosting at around 12$/month but at least I have a bunch of domains on a single network wordpress installation and everything is working great.

Here’s the steps involved:

  • Go to your CPanel and install WordPress from Softaculous (not the optimized version)
  • Make sure it’s networking is turned on
  • To add an existing domain go to CPanel-> Addon Domains and let’s add an alias to our domain like this:

  • Then it will be automatically added to the DNS zone editor
  • If you have the domain on another provider (mine’s godaddy for example) you’ll need to set the dns to point to A2

  • Now back to your wordpress on A2 (yoursite/wp-admin). Go to My Sites, Network Admin->Sites

  • Make sure that you have your main domain / a desired wordpress folder. This is a hack basically. The real wp network site will live in that folder

  • The real trick happens in the Settings. The siteurl can be pointed to the actual domain we registered in the cpanel dns zone section

  • Now the last step is to go to My Sites -> Settings -> Domains and add a unique id (number) and the new domain there (primary should be set to no):

All set. If you visit your domain you should see your wordpress blog. Enjoy!

Time to wash some records

During our vacation I spent some time buying used records in Amsterdam. I ended up with quite some good stuff among which Porcupine and Ocean Rain by Echo and the Bunnymen, Japanese Whispers and Staring at the sea by the Cure, Closer by Joy Division, Keith Jarret’s Koln concert and the list goes on and on. Needless to say most of them, even if in great condition, needed a thorough washing. I use the Disco Antistat and, having finished their cleaning fluid, I decided to try and make some homemade based on the London Jazz Collector’s recipe. I know this was meant for RCMs but it does work with the Antistat too. I must say that the results were pretty good. At least as good as with the original fluid but with no residue at all! It does take more time to dry though, but that’s ok. All in all I’m really happy with it and, being a lot cheaper, I can just throw it away every 15 or so vinyls cleaned.

Granite PBT set for Matias/Alps – a short review

Signature Plastics released the awesome Granite set by Matt3o for Alps switches recently. It was like a dream come true and I promptly placed an order. I now have them on my KBParadise V60 with Matias quiet click switches. I must say the looks and the feel are awesome.

But… there’s always a but… it appears that they got the stabs completely wrong. And when I say completely wrong it means that they’re not compatible with the Matias stabilisers that usually come on the board. And using a cherry stabiliser instead will not fix it, it’s not centred and too tall so in the end they’re basically unusable. The only one that works, fortunately enough, is the spacebar. Luckily enough on my V60 everything seems to work just fine without stabilisers. Maybe because of the smaller form factor, or who knows, but I got away without using them and so I can still enjoy the new set. The rest of the build quality is super as usual. And I love the DSA profile.

Here’s a link to the set with reviews.